Dinuguan (Pork Blood Stew)

by - Tuesday, November 11, 2014


This is one the exotic food of the Philippines.
Dinuguan (Pork Blood Stew)

Hi there!

Another exotic dish that might challenge you to eat. When someone is not familiar of this dish we just joke around like we say “This is Chocolate Stew” but to be honest this is really made in blood of pork.

In Asian country, we eat exotic dishes including the Philippines like the Chicken Feet Adobo. For some people I know, this is not exotic dish anymore but still there are some people who consider this as exotic food.

Today, I cook Pork Blood Stew because I’m craving for it and I want to eat again. But sad to say the ingredients that I need like heart and etc were not available. I only had Liver and pork meat.

Watch my video here:



These are the only ingredients I have but still as long as I have Pork Blood I could still cook it. So here are the ingredients you’ll need.


Ingredients:
  • 1 cup Pork Blood
  • 1/2 liver & meat
  • 2 tbsp cooking oil
  • 1 tbsp garlic
  • 1 tbsp onion
  • 1/2 cup vinegar
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 3/4 cup water
  • green chili

What to do with your ingredients:
  • Pork and Liver - slice them into square
  • garlic, onion - mince them

Here is how to cook it:
  1. Heat the pan in a medium heat
  2. pour cooking oil and saute ginger & onion until they become brown
  3. Add Pork meat and liver then cook
  4. Add vinegar (do not mix and let it simmer without mixing the vinegar)
  5. Add the Pork blood then stir it and simmer
  6. And add chili,salt and pepper to taste
  7. Done!

Can you eat this like your normal food?

You May Also Like

0 comments