Beef Dumplings

by - Thursday, April 13, 2017


Dumpling is just one of the Chinese food that brought in the Philippines and become part of our Filipino cuisine along with Siopao, Siomai, Shanghai, Pancit and a lot more.
Beef Dumplings

When we hear the word dumplings, everybody will say “ah that’s a Chinese food” which is true but we also have our own version of it. It was brought to us by Chinese in our country and became part of our Filipino Cuisine along with Siopao, Pancit, Shanghai and a lot more.

Dumplings is also like an art, you can design it of whatever you like and I like how I can design it. My dumpling’s design is called Pinch Braid and the other one is One-direction Crescent moon (I just try to make my own crescent moon so bear with me).

Sometimes, I just don’t want to eat this after  cooking because of its design but hey its a food and I have to eat :-)

It is usually filled with ground meat, cabbage, carrots and dumpling wrapper. There are three ways of cooking this: Cooking it with soup, fry or steam so, what I did was steamed it since I have a new buddy Food Steamer.

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup cabbage (sliced thinly)
  • 2 cup ground beef
  • 2 tbsp onion (chopped)
  • 1 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1 raw egg (beaten)
  • 1 tsp sesame oil
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • dumpling wrappers

Need:
steamer


How to cook:
  1. In a bowl, combine all the ingredients except dumpling wrapper
  2. Scoop a mixture then place it in the center of wrapper
  3. Then close it like a shell and seal the edges with water
  4. Steam it for 30 minutes.

That's it.



You May Also Like

0 comments