Eggless Bread

by - Sunday, February 28, 2021

Eggless Bread
Eggless Bread


I always wanted to make a bread without egg in it so, I made one today using my new buddy Baumann Bread Maker.


If you don’t know yet I have been kneading my dough manually and it is honestly tiring to knead. I have a small and weak hands. There were times when I made bread or pizza, my hands were hurt and after I woke up in the morning my hands suddenly got pain. I know I got that from kneading and baking.


Baumann Bread Maker
Baumann Bread Maker


I am happy to have my own bread maker, seriously makes my life easy. Anyway, let’s test the yeast first. If you’ve done testing the yeast then proceed right away. It is better to be safe than sorry later.


I combined all the dry ingredients flour, salt, yeast and sugar. Stir well until combined.


I am adding water gradually then knead it. I added the heavy cream and knead it. I knead the dough until I reached the stretchy phase stage but not yet good to rest. 


So after it, I added room temperature dari creme (this is a premium grade of margarine) and knead again then later add an oil.


Kneaded it using my new buddy (bread maker) until it becomes so stretchy. Professional bakers (I am not LOL) usually say windowpane test it.




*Pan is 8 inch rectangle*


Eggless Bread Ingredients:


  • 3 cups bread flour (I added 1/2 cup)
  • 2 1/2 tsp white sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp. instant dry yeast
  • 100 ml heavy/whipping cream
  • 1 cup warm water
  • 2 tbsp dari creme/unsalted butter (used more)
  • 1 tbsp olive oil (vegetable oil can be used)



How to make Eggless Bread manually (My video used bread maker so this instruction below is for those who don’t use bread maker)


  1. Combine all the dry ingredients flour, sugar, salt, yeast. Stir until incorporated.
  2. Add in warm water and heavy cream and knead if you’re kneading it manually until the dough ball is formed.
  3. Check if it’s already stretchy.
  4. Once done kneading, rest this for 1 1/2 hour (I rest mine to 1 hour since I am using bread maker).
  5. While resting dough, set the oven to 350*F.
  6. Prepare the pan and spray oil or grease it with oil.
  7. Place the dough to the pan, cover and rest again for 15 minutes.
  8. Bake this for 30 minutes.


You May Also Like

0 comments