Pork Adobo with Pineapple

by - Thursday, May 08, 2014

This is one of the popular dish in the Philippines.
Pork Adobo with Pineapple
 Hello everyone!

Here in the Philippines, Adobo is a very popular kind of dish. It can be cooked in a different version and add coconut milk like others do. But in my version I did not add coconut milk instead I added pineapple.

The Adobo can be stored for a long time because it has vinegar or calamansi which can be preserved in 1 week or so but if it has a pineapple I’m afraid it cannot be stored for more than 1 week.

Even though Adobo has so many ways to be cooked and many versions still it needs to be marinated (well, that’s for me). I preferred it that way and this was what I’ve learned from my parents.

The longer it is marinated the better.


These are the ingredients needed
  • pepper corn
  • minced garlic
  • dried laurel
  • onion (cut into four parts)
  • 15 calamansi juice / 1/2 cup vinegar
  • 1 cup potatoes (cut into square)
  • 2 tbsp cooking oil
  • 1/2 kg Pork
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1/2 cup water
  • pineapple chunks/tidbits
  •  
Optional process:
Marinade Pork in a vinegar or calamansi, soy sauce, garlic, dried laurel leaf and pepper corn and mix well then cover. Leave it overnight or if you are in a hurry, at least 1 hour is enough.

Here is how to cook it:
  1. Heat the pan and pour cooking oil
  2. saute garlic and pork
  3. Set aside the marinated sauce and let the pork cook on its own oil
  4. Cover and simmer
  5. Then add water and boil it in water and cover
  6. Add Onion and potatoes
  7. Pour sauce and let it simmer for 2 minutes
  8. Then add the Pineapple tidbits
  9. Done! Serve it with rice.
I hope you like the dish and enjoy the meal.

You May Also Like

0 comments