Coleslaw with Raisins & Nuts

by - Friday, January 02, 2015

This is my filipino version of coleslaw with seedless raisins & crushed peanuts.
Coleslaw with Raisins & Nuts
This recipe is very easy to prepare and delicious. In the Philippines coleslaw has different version of their own, some don’t put raisins in their coleslaw and this recipe I am going to post is another version that I like.


I usually eat raisins for my snack and I don’t use it for salad or any kind of dishes. I seldom use it and I prefer to eat this only.

This salad contains shredded cabbage, grated carrots, seedless raisins and crushed peanuts. This is also very simple and quick to prepare, it can be paired with your favorite steak or any other dish you like.


Here are the ingredients needed for this recipe:
  • 1 whole cabbage (shredded)
  • 1/2 cup pineapple chunks
  • 1 medium carrots (grated or shredded)
  • 1/4 tsp crushed cashew/peanuts
  • 1/2 cup seedless raisins
  • 3/4 cup mayonnaise

Here is how to make:
  1. Combine shredded cabbage, grated carrots, seedless raisins and crushed peanuts.
  2. Mix well
  3. Add mayonnaise
  4. Mix again
  5. Put it in a container and let it cool
  6. Serve it with your favorite food.

For the carrots, I prefer it to grate than shred so it depends on your preference. Both work, so go ahead and do it.

Thanks for reading this blog.

You May Also Like

0 comments