Milo Pancake

by - Sunday, March 31, 2019


Hi there, I’ve been absent for 4 months and have been hiatus as well but, back to blogging again despite of all the hiatus. Today, I made a Milo Pancake, I’ve been seeing this to some of my friends posting Milo Pancake on their instagram accounts and thought of making it as well. It’s also quite trending few weeks ago. 


And as usual, whenever there’s trending food I am always late but it’s better to be late than never as they say :D


It’s easy as long as you have Milo powder (not sponsored haha), if not available, cocoa powder can be used as an alternative to Milo. My suggestions are sweetened cocoa powder, chocolate powder (sweet), swiss miss chocolate or any chocolate flavor powder you want.

Just be creative, some added sliced banana or strawberry to make it healthier and add some drama for insta pics :)



Making this is pretty much the same as the one how we make for our plain pancake. It’s sweeter when you put Milo than plain one, if you ask me. Since Filipinos love sweets, we tend to add sweets on our food specially in our dessert. Obviously, dessert is already sweet but we just love to add a little sweet, for some people the sweeter the better I guess.




Try these Filipino desserts: Maxi Mango dessert, Creamy Leche Flan, Banana Graham Float.



Below are the converted ingredients from grams to cup, ounce and ml if ever weighing scale is unavailable. Some of my viewers from my channel want the converted measurement so, I tried my best to convert some of our ingredients as much as I could. Some ingredients were not converted, I forgot to weigh it, I’m sorry. Here they are:









Ingredients:
  • 390 grams ( 13.8 oz. / 1 3/4 cup / 400 ml ) water
  • 32 grams ( 1.1 oz  / 1/4 cup / 50 ml ) melted butter or margarine
  • 52 grams ( 1.8 oz / 1 small ) egg
  • 2 drops Vanilla Flavor (optional)
  • 270 grams ( 9.5 oz / 2 cups / 450 ml ) All-Purpose Flour
  • 58 grams ( 2 oz / 1/4 cup / 50 ml ) sugar
  • 15 grams ( 4 tsps. / 0.5 oz ) baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp ( I didn’t convert this to grams since this is just a small amount so it’s like 2-3 pinch) baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 cup water
  • 1 tbsp milk powder
  • 4 tbsp. milk powder

Instructions:



  1. Beat 1 egg with melted butter
  2. Add water and stir well until combined
  3. Set Aside


  4. In a separate bowl, mix All-Purpose Flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Powdered Milk, Milo, sugar and salt.
  5. Make a well at the middle then add the liquid ingredients.
  6. Gradually add liquid ingredients while mixing until smooth.
  7. Set aside while heating up the nonstick pan to low-medium heat.


  8. Enjoy.

You May Also Like

0 comments