Pizza Sauce from scratch

by - Friday, June 14, 2019


Pizza Sauce from scratch


Have you read or watched my Homemade No-Oven Pizza? If yes, perfect! Let’s make Pizza sauce this time. My pizza sauce was inspired by Food Wishes and I just made a little bit of adjustment because I have no Canned Peeled Tomatoes as he had in his video, that can only be bought outside our country.


Pizza Sauce from scratch

I saw a canned peeled tomatoes online but it’s quite expensive so I have to adjust my budget to make this sauce. Making my own sauce makes my Pizza special because I love it so much. Tomato sauce or paste is quite boring and plain. This one is very simple, all the ingredients can be bought to any store except for Fresh Oregano.

Homemade No Oven Pizza recipe

We happen to have Oregano plants so I am happy that I can now use oregano not only for health purposes but also for dishes and sauce.

I also used Korean Red Pepper Flakes for the first time. I thought it’s spicy but it’s slightly sweet which is good because my parents are not into spicy and I am the only one who loves spicy foods.

Updated: Someone corrected me that this wasn't a Gochugaru. Thanks for correcting me Ms./Mr. Anonymous. I appreciated it. 💛

1 tsp of the spicy level of this is 🔥🔥🔥 out of 5 and McCormick is 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥. Luckily my family loves Korean Red Pepper so much. The vivid red color is also super red which makes my sauce look appetizing.

I used this for my own Kimchi too whenever I have time to make it. I recommend these two Red Pepper powder.


Gochagaru Korean Red Pepper flakes
Korean Red Pepper flakes


The best spicy powder of McCormick.
McCormick Red Pepper powder



Equipments needed? Good news! We don’t need blender because we’re going to cook this sauce as long as you have all the ingredients, that’s fine! Let’s go!


Ingredients for Pizza Sauce:

  • 1 pc. anchovy or dried fish
  • 1 medium whole onion (chopped)
  • 3-4 cloves garlic (minced)
  • 3 tbsp. Water
  • 2 tbsp. White sugar
  • 2 fresh leaves Oregano or dried oregano
  • 1 tsp. Rock Salt
  • 2 1/2 tsp. Olive oil
  • 1 pack (70g) tomato paste
  • 1 pack (115g) tomato sauce
  • 1 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes (* Note 3)
  • Ground Black Pepper Powder



How to make Homemade Pizza Sauce:

  1. Add the olive oil and fry dried fish over low-medium heat. Don’t over fry it.
  2. Set aside the dried fish. Add garlic and cook until garlic is soft and aromatic.
  3. Add onion and cook until translucent.
  4. Add fresh oregano *Note 1 (please read) until wilted.
  5. Lastly add tomato sauce, paste and water (*Note 2). Simmer.
  6. Season it with salt, red pepper flakes, ground black pepper and sugar. Stir and simmer for 1 minute over low heat.


*Note 1
If you’re using dried oregano, put it as the last ingredient then simmer.

* Note 2:
Add 1 tbsp. water if you like it a little bit runny.

* Note 3
I used Korean red pepper flakes as it is not that too spicy unlike McCormick. If you like spicy, use any kind of red pepper or chili you like. Chili of McCormick is not too spicy. This is spicier (Red Pepper Powder) than Chili.

Here is how to make your own Pizza sauce at home step by step.
Step by Step on how to make Homemade Pizza Sauce




Disclaimer:

The products shown in this post are not sponsored.

You May Also Like

0 comments